Feeling bored in your relationships is worse than having arguments. There are many reasons why couples get bored with each other. It could be a lack of effort. It could be routine. Whatever the reason is, you are not alone. Boredom is a common problem couples face, especially those in long-term relationships.
But you don’t have to be bored. Luckily, in this episode, Dr. Kristie talks about simple and practical steps that you can take to spice up a relationship that has gone stale. After this episode, you’ll know exactly what to do to get over feeling bored with your partner.
What We Discuss
- 71% of men and 49% of women engage in acts of infidelity – this could be caused by boredom in relationships
- Getting bored with your partner isn’t an overnight thing; it creeps in.
- First hack: Search inward. What do you need to do that can impact the relationship and connection?
- Self-reflect on what leads you to get bored
- Second hack: Look back to your relationship history
- Do things that you used to enjoy that you haven’t done in a long time
- Third hack: Don’t forget about play
- Recreational play and sexual play will spice things up with your bored partner
- Fourth hack: Create a bucket list together
- Forget the barriers and impossibility of your bucket list; just write!
- Fifth: Change sex locations and positions
- Try something you’ve never tried before
- Bonus hack: Take sex off the table! Build anticipation.
- The anticipation for sex will arouse any bored person
- Build up a “sexual buffet”
Click here to listen!
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Dr. Kristie on Instagram